Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Five Short Essays From English Students at the Kyrgyz State Law Academy

Different Cultures Between Kyrgyzstan and Other Countries
My sister's name is Aida. For many years she wanted to visit Great Britain and her dream was realized a few days ago. But yesterday Aida called me and she was crying because the family who she lives with is very strange for her. In Bishkek my sister has a very big house, a car, and favorite friends. But in Brighton, the town where she lives now, Aida doesn't have anything, except that family, but anyway, it's not her family. So, in Kyrgyzstan she's a rich girl, but in Great Britain she's poor. Another characteristic of Brighton is that there are many people with untraditional [sexual] orientations. It is also unusual for her. In Kyrgyzstan she studied at the American University in Central Asia. Now Aida regrets about her moving to England. This story teaches everybody that not every dream will come true. Not only dreams, but also plans must be planned carefully.

A Few Words ABout my Family
My parents divorced when I was 10 years old. It was very difficult for me. I can't forgive my mother and father.

About My Best Friend
Her name is Siidegul. She is 18. She lives in Bishkek. She study here. We are friendly 12 years. She is a very good friend and cleaver. She likes walking. She likes playing football, basketball, reading, listen to music and dancing. It's difficult to find a friend like she. She likes to travel.

My Best Friend
My best friend's name is Miyaz. He is fifteen years old. He studies at 13th school, in nine class. I know his family and his relations. He does 2 sports: 1st kickboxing, 2nd he goes to swimming pool and he goes to English courses. I know him many years. His hobbies chat at mobile internet with his friends and talking about cars. He dreams to buy a Mercedes Benz Miboh and VW Bantly. He sleeps until 2 AM on holidays. He loves eating meat and drinking Coca-Cola.

Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan is a mountain country. And I like it because it's my country, and our country have a beautiful lake whose name is Issuk-Kul. In the other countries it's name is Gem of Kyrgyzstan. Our country have a beautiful forests, rivers, and many interesting places. Do you know about Burana? It was a beautiful tower in a Chui Valley. In history have a legend about the tower: Many-many years ago when very strong king going to fortune teller and the said "When your daughter was eighteen she die." King was scare and built big tower and let her daughter in this tower but when his daughter was eighteen dark spider bite her and she die. I can say many interesting about my country but time was go very fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate to hear that the family your sister is staying with has not met her expectations. It is often the case that host families can be a little strange and see the opportunity of having a guest as a way to make a bit of extra money.
Your sister should also remember though, that Brighton doesn't represent all of Britain. New experiences can be difficult, especially in a town where she will see things that would seem unusual in Kyrgyzstan. If she learns to take it in her stride, I am confident that she will get a lot out her stay.

Anonymous said...

HI Aida. I think you have deserved such kind of life. you deserved to be insulted and offended. you've forgotten about your country and culture. why don't you stay at your country and help your parents or get married to a nice kyrgyz. Stop copying the British, atleast you have your own culture. For few dollars you can do anything even you can sell anything!!!1