Thursday, May 25, 2006

Citizenship/Civility

By Helen Kulisheva

Thanks to modern inventors our life becomes easier day after day. But different problems concerning these inventions appear too. For example, cell phones appeared in Kyrgyzstan 15 years ago. Producers of the mobiles taught how to use them, but nobody mentioned when people can use it and when they shouldn’t. On the contrary, producers always pointed out that mobiles could function everywhere. It’s good, but people don’t understand that sometimes it bothers other people.

It’s very unpleasant when, during the lecture, somebody’s phone rings. It distracts your attention. Recently the cell phones with MP3 players appeared and it became unbearable to rest in silence. Last week I got a bad mark for my control work. I couldn’t concentrate on tasks because at the corridor several boys enjoyed music. When I asked them to mute the sound but they just laughed and continued listen to music. This is quite common now, people forgot about etiquette, nobody teach us how to behave, except family of course but it’s not sufficient.

I think that our Ministry of Education should find money and add to the educational program the lesson of etiquette. Somebody should tell us very frequently that we should switch off mobiles at theaters and conferences, that we should respect each other and that rudeness is not the best way to gain self-confidence. Maybe then people would change themselves and our world would become better.

________________________________________________________________

By Marganyan Vage

Its necessary for our country to bring up our youth with economic, ideological, cultural values and develop political sense. And good example of the absence of these qualities is the event that happened on 24th of March during the revolution.

My personal story is about my so-called friend, I saw so-called because I thought that he my friend but unfortunately he thief. He robbed the cell phones from the “Beta Stores”, “Silk Way”. I asked him: Why he was doing it. Then he replayed: its better to take cell phones unpaid that pay for cell phones. I was shocked by his answer. And I ask myself how can he say so? It’s really terrible.

My suggestion is that in schools and in universities must be held seminars with pupils and students. But I think not also with students but also with all people. And I hope that all gonna be all right.

__________________________________________________________________

By Japankulova Elvira

It is necessary to try for bringing up our youth in political economic, ideological spheres. According this matter can be point out one of the main sense is patriotism. A good example of the absent of these values is the 24th of March revolution. The majority of participants were youths, who for their desires, but didn’t think about the consequences. When they couldn’t find a peaceful solution, they began looting.

I heard a story about my friend, who had participated in the stealing of mobile telephone. Then he tried to sell them for low prices. When I heard this story I was very surprised, shocked because its very horrible behavior. He though at first of his own financial needs not about what will happen later but I understand that some behavior of our youths comes from social problems like poverty and unemployment.

I hope that we will solve these problems. One of them is up bringing of youths. Youth are future of our country. I suggest that interested organization should hold more workshops with students to raise urgent, explore important issues regard the youth.

___________________________________________________________

By Elvira Beishenbek

I think in our country a big problem is television. As known, television is a national disease in many countries. And in our country isn’t an exception. Everyday television is absorbing everyone on the whole world. However, the absorbing isn’t a problem that I would like to discuss, the point are programs which have negative information and messages they bear to minds of our people especially for young generation. Everyday every small child watches TV where he sees channels with dirty contents. For example in midday broadcasts films for adults of (x-films) or another example thriller, documentary or even cartoons show how people torment other people by means of torture and kill each other.

I can bring an example from my life. Once in the morning about 10 o’clock I turned on T, I saw a film that contained not good content, where was shown obscene scents between two adults and also there was used indecent lexicon. I was in a shock. It was because what would be if it would see my younger sister. As we know children is absorbing new information a sponge. And this film would leave a print on her memory and she take into account that is right and he can also do it and use this lexicon. Unfortunately, mostly parents are not at home and could explain that is bad. Or another example, I reminded a scene that happened 1 week ago when two boys struggled with each other because before that they watched a thriller, where people make a pain to each other and they regarded that is good. I explained them that isn’t good at all what they were doing. They agreed with me because I explained them that we must leave in peace. But if they wouldn’t know me, I suppose even wouldn’t listen to me.

This situation very terrible for our future for our future generation so we have to stop showing x-films and shows more useful information. It’s so hard to do it. Nevertheless, I think there exists a decision. On my opinion, we have to stop showing films and cartoons that contains negative, unuseful messages and replace them to entertaining, historical, animal or nature world or sport. I think it helps to increase the level of knowledge and get know more useful information. And reduce the growth of violence and misunderstanding among people especially among young generation.

How can we do it? We have to treat to the government to create a new law against programs that contains violence. I think our government has people who deal with similar works (who create such like works) and will help to do it. I know it takes much time but I believe, that like law will be accept.

_______________________________________________________________

By Rusinova Elena

In our country are a lot of children, which were left by young mothers at maternity houses. It’s terrible.

At my school was a girl of 14 years old, who was from bad family, her parents were drunkards, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to her child, she let him at maternity house and ran away. This shocked all people at my school. The child was taken to an orphanage and nobody knows what happened with him.

I think that its very big problem. In many countries of world there are special lessons at schools in which such questions are discussed. At such lessons children are explained that the birth of the baby is very big responsibility.

I’d like that such lessons be at schools at my country. Maybe this would help to reduce the number of young unwise mothers, which would leave their children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!